From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 18:05:27 -0700
--- david flathman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> what is the best way to clean pierco frames?

> could i make a bath of bleach and water - what
> concentration????   then rinse them in fresh/clean
water prior to
> installing in the hives.

Not sure about bleach concentration but, after washing
and rinsing, I would advise reapplying a layer of wax
on the plastic foundation.  You can use melted wax and
a brush, but I've thought of floating a layer of
melted wax on top of very hot water (above the melting
point of wax) and then dipping the frames into the
water.  Drawing the frames out of the water would
deposit a layer of wax on everything that had been
submersed.

Mike in LA