From:
Mike Tooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 08:01:39 -0700
I bought a cheap Harbor Freight illuminated magnifier to try grafting with
this year.Didnt work out as it made it too difficult to judge the right
size of larvae.But it works good for checking varroa on sticky boards.
 My favorite light source is a little 2 AAA cell Pelican flashlight.Used
with reading glasses(didnt used to need them)I can see perfectly into the
cell and the Chinese tool scoops em right up,royal jelly and all.I like the
JZ BZ plastic cell cups,but still make a lot of my own from homemade
dipping sticks.See,queen raising neednt be expensive.Just bail right in,you
will have failures,but success too.
---Mike