From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 15:16:50 -0500
Hello All,
Certainly AHb takeovers are common in Arizona as are bees with capensis
like traits. Every year Dr. DeGloria Hoffman warns the industry but the
warnings fall on deaf ears.

The bee labs warned the industry about tracheal mites but the industry
still lost half its commercial hives. My friends in other countries had a
good laugh.

The bee labs warned the industry about varroa mites and how to keep from
losing hives but over half the U.S. beekeeping industry hives were again
lost.

The beekeeping industry best minds told the industry they needed to
alternate varroa chemical treatments but was not done.

We have been told since 1957 about AHB and the only method to control ( or
at least until as Aaron says until all the bees are AHB). Why the panic
now?

The bee labs give excellent programs at meetings about contaminated brood
comb and getting off the chemical treadmill and using IPm measures. Many
beekeepers listen and then go back to the old ways.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison