From:
Paul Cherubini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 17:54:30 -0800
David L. Green wrote:

> I ask you why there is no study in your list that refers specifically to
> Apis or Bombus?   Does this mean that officialdom doesn't want to see?

Dave, you (or anyone) could ask Dr. Floore directly for the publications he has
that cover the issue of mosquito spraying and bees. His contact information
can be found by browsing this website:
http://pherec.org/mls/JAMSARL.HTM

> I personally documented heavy losses of honeybees in the
> Homestead, Florida area, following Hurricane Andrew

> I personally lost tens of thousands in the post-Hugo applications
> following Hurricane Hugo in 1989.

Dave, it seems like you have experienced bee losses only during
the days following major hurricanes such as Hugo in '89, Andrew
in the mid-90's & Floyd last year. Apparently, mosquito spraying was
conducted during the daytime hours during those periods (normally
mosquito spraying is done at dusk or at night) when there was a
public health emergency (hurricane victums, some now homeless, had
to work outdoors and sleep outdoors with zillions of mosquitoes
around biting them). Is that the case?

What reason do the public health officials give for spraying during
the daytime hours during the post hurricane aftermath?

Paul Cherubini