From:
kirk jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 2009 04:26:20 -0800
Hi all,

I would like to hear more about Australian queens. Possibly Bob and others on the list could expand the discussion to include where to order queens, lead time necessary, price ranges, longevity, honey production, etc.

I think we'll give 'er a go this spring. I prefer to stick with our own stock we're raising overall, but the economics of getting a jump on brood laying with a laying queen vs. our cells would allow us to make more than enough honey on early gulf flows in the Florida panhandle to pay for the extra expense. I don't think a small percentage would hurt our gene pool much and may add some good genes. Always the optimist.

Kirk Jones

Sleeping Bear Farms   beekeepers making honey...
Benzie Playboys           cajun and zydeco band........