From:
Scott Moser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 00:26:12 -0500
Greetings All,
     Hope all is well for everyone.  This winter has been tough on many
colonies in eastern Missouri, especially south of St. Louis.  Many club
members report numerous dead hives.  Most people are blaming it on the
extended cold winter we have had.  Around here, I can count the number of
days above 45 degrees easily on one hand since Thanksgiving.  Though most
beekeepers wont admit it, I think mites did most in. A person who
overwinters colonies succesfully around here could feed colonies early and
sell all the nucs they could produce!
    Ok, to the crux of this post.  I have been busy building equipment this
winter.  I enjoy building my own supers and assembling frames, but when it
comes to painting equipment, there has got to be a better way than using a
brush!  I use latex paint and 3" brush.  Can latex be sprayed with an air
sprayer?  If so how much do I cut it?  Any other paint application
suggestions?  Thanks!
Scott