From:
Beekeepers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2019 17:27:57 -0000
>You may recall Randy's statement that if the local bees are actually better, then the "exotic genetics" should fall away by natural selection.

Not if there is a constant stream of exotics being imported.
Italians would certainly starve here if they were fed the same amount as natives.  The National Bee Unit used to feed 60lbs sugar to each of their colonies - I feed under 14lbs (6.25kg) "if required".  There is a good economic case for keeping native bees!

Best wishes

Peter
52°14'44.44"N, 1°50'35"W