From:
queenbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2006 07:40:05 +1000
> Reason ( and perhaps a sharp legal mind) opened the U.S. to Australian
> bees.

There was no legal mind in Australia gaining access to the USA.  How would I
know?  Because I was in the thick of pushing our Governemnet who in turn
made representation to the USDA for access.  It was slow.  It took about 5
or 6 years from when I first sat down with our Government Department to fill
out all the forms.  Yes we got the run around from the USDA and all sorts of
promises which came and went.  At no stage did we hire any lawyers to put
our case.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA
Come to Apimondia next year and see our bees first hand.