Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 08:14:57 -0700
On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, Scott Moser wrote:
 I enjoy building my own supers and assembling frames, but when it
> comes to painting equipment, there has got to be a better way than using a
> brush!  I use latex paint and 3" brush.

Hi Scott:

I have just finished painting 90 boxes a lovely khaki color. I piled
them 10 high and painted them with a 10" roller. First coat an oil
based primer and then two coats of latex. Each coat takes about an
hour to do. I wrap the roller in a plastic bag and keep it in the
refrigerator between coats to avoid cleaning it.

In the summer I prefer spraying them outside. I spray the latex with a
regular Binks gun and a two gallon pressure pot. If you spray using
the suction feed cup supplied with the gun you have to thin with quite
a lot of water to get the gun to feed. You can use a thinning agent
like Flo-trol to cut down on the water, but the pressure pot is really
better. Most professional painters use an airless gun for latex, but I
don't have one.

Best regards,

Donald Aitken
Edmonton Alberta Canada