From:
Dick Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 02:24:36 -0400
In looking for an article in a pile of bee magazines, I came across Bob
Horr’s article entitled: “ ‘The Long Hive’—A Back-saver Design” in the
Janurary 2000 issue of the American Bee Journal. The hive is single story
and four feet wide. It may be of interest to those who find standard
Langstroth hives too heavy. This hive is somewhat different than the Golz-
Beute hive mentioned a few weeks back. Standard  Langstroth frames are
used, and the hive runs sideways instead of front-to-rear.  Horr provides
step by step instructions for anyone interested in a do-it-yourself
project. Back issues of the magazine are available from Dadant. I think
they charge $2.00 U.S. plus postage and will invoice after mailing. Dadant
can be reached at [log in to unmask]

Regards,
Dick