Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2007 19:13:10 -0500
On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 16:03:44 GMT, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Since the beekeepers on this list can't agree on the extent of CCD, is it any wonder that the
media and film makers present a distorted picture? :)

the Mn and NoDak Apriary Inspectors have gone on record in the media as saying no CCD up
there. call them and check it out.

no one at the state bee meetings in that region had any stories either about CCD. no one ever had
problems getting bees either even with last minute calls for queens in May.

i'd disagree with your comment that beekeepers on this list disagree. most of the people on this
list who are most vocal insisting that CCD is this big deal don't even keep bees anymore. they sell
consulting services or act as experts when the media calls. they live in big cities or spend alot of
time at a desk.

while it did afflict a small number of beeks its pretty safe to say that the media version is pretty
much a hoax as they make it out like the sky is falling. billions and trillions of bees disappeared,
with losses from 50-90%. we'll all be eating rice next year. ROTFL

my customers too seem surprised when I reply "you mean the Y2K bee story of 2007"?  they all
seem disappointed when we have no horror stories to tell. it must be real we saw it on TV!!!

its becoming a religious sect. - you know the kind. liberal tree hugging types worried about GMO's
and global warming. many with no science background at all. now the so called disappearing bees
is another beleif system neccassary to be worsiping in the house of doom and gloom. of course
the bees MUST be disappearing as the world is coming to a tipping point of environmental crisis.

for a real life wake up slap to the face just wait til the 2007 honey crop report comes out. what i
hear is it will be close to 2006 production. so how did we pull that off with an apocalyptic bee loss
of histrorical proportions?