From:
"W. Allen Dick" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 13:20:58 -0400
> Allen Dick says i didn't prove my case. I don't think i did to Allen but I
> respect his views and say "we can agree to disagree". I also say to Allen
> he didn't prove his case to me. Enough said!

I'd like to clarify my position here.  I don't have a case to prove.

My only interest in this matter is that of a moderator.  A moderator's job
is to try to ensure balance and, well, moderation.

Therefore I have made several posts warning members to do their own
research and not to accept uncritically any of the claims being made. I am
very concerned about the effect that the posting of opinions and fantasies
as if they were facts is having on BEE-L's credibility.

I have carefully examined all evidence put before us and concluded that it
is flawed and insufficient to support the conclusions being made by some
memebers.

In trying to substantiate their claims, my own investigations led to data
which is in direct conflict with the claims of the proponents of this
theory.  I was also unable to reach the conclusions they reached from
reading the historical documents that they claim supports their case.

I have felt obligated to point this out to the list.

I don't have to prove anything, since I am not proposing any new
hypothesis.

The burden of proof is on those who are making the claims.

So far they have failed to prove anything.

allen
----
FWIW: My personal cell size survey and the results are at
http://www.internode.net/honeybee/Misc/CellCount.htm and
http://www.internode.net/honeybee/Misc/CellCountResults.htm