From:
Warren Otto <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 May 1998 08:11:05 -0500
I have been working with bees for a couple of years now and have never
used gloves since I like the feel and control that a bare hand
provides.  However whenever I get stung on the top of the hand or the
wrist it gets quite swollen and my wrist joint looses a fair bit of
mobility.  This lasts for a couple of days.  I should also mention that
this only happens on my wrist.  I have been stung all over and the only
place that I get a bad reaction is the top of the hand/wrist area.

My question is does anyone know of a company that makes a protection
device that covers the top of the hand and up to the elbow?  I have
thought about purchasing a set of bee gloves and just cutting out the
palm and fingers but then the flap on top of my hand would be loose and
a bee could crawl up underneath.

My wife says what I am looking for is a leather wedding glove, but I
don't know any female bikers that have gotten married recently :-).

Any assistance is most appreciated.

Warren Otto