Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 14:01:01 EST
If Apicure has at long last secured the approval of EPA and the Drug
Administration
and the gel is designed by Shimanuki and other highly prominent bee
researchers, I
am not sure why you have a question.

Liquid Formic Acid or Mite-Away Pads are illegal in the U.S. and we already
have too many people exceeding the speed limit.

Our government agencies, universities, EAS and ABF Foundations spend tons of
money hiring scientists to research treatments for our bee problems.  Too may
people, rather than giving money to these qualified researchers are spending
money
on anecdotal so-called cures conjured up by unqualified personnel.

I have been in personal contact with Medhat concerning IPM, and of course the
use
of Formic Acid has been legal for quite some time in Canada, but that does
not give we Americans to right to use it.  One can't drive 100 mph on I 95
just because the
German Auto Bahn has no speed limit.

As an old retired scientist, I trust our researchers to work on behalf of
both me and my bees.  I just wish they could find ways to be better funded
than "begging for
money" which they have to do now, since the Clinton Administration has deemed
that honey bees are not very important, and some universities have
discontinued
teaching beekeeping in favor more computer academia.

George Imirie