From:
Charles Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 21:37:55 -0600
Dear Fellow Beekeeper

The USDA Russian bee stock development program has developed quite nicely.  We now have access to a good
stock that is still undergoing further development.  We also have several beekeepers that are either
producing the stock for their own use or for sale.

As time proceeds, the program will become more dependent on beekeepers to continue and less dependent
on the USDA.  At some point in the reasonably near future, the USDA will finish their transfer of the
stock to the beekeeping industry.

If we want the stock to continue beyond this point, we as beekeepers will need to assume the selection,
maintenance and propagation.  I think that we can do this to our own benefit and the general benefit to
the beekeeping industry.

In order to achieve this goal, the organization and development of a "Russian Honey Bee Breeders Association"
has been proposed.  Such an organization could do the selection and maintenance of the stock and provide
a way that we could help each other to assure the quality of our product to our customers.

I invite you to attend a meeting to be held during the American Honey Producers Association meeting on
Thursday at 7 PM in Houston next month.  During that meeting I hope that we can create such an
organization that will be to the benefit of all of us.  I hope you can attend.  If you cannot, I am
sure that the group would still want your ideas about proposed association.  After the meeting we will
develop a draft charter which we would like all Russian honey bee breeders to comment on.

Harper's Honey Farm
Charlie
Ph# 337 298 6261