From:
kent stienburg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 13:12:34 -0400
I live in South Eastern Ontario and wrap in November.  There are still
going to be warm sunny days yet.  That will cause the hive to get
extremely hot.  The sun is still fairly intense.  Bees don't die from
cold in the winter.  They die from excessive moisture, starvation and
disease.  I think wrapping early will cause the honey consumption to
stay abnormally high if the hive is quite warm.  This could cause you
some problems in the early spring.

Kent