Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:08:47 EDT
In a message dated 7/31/01 11:57:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  In SE Pennsylvania, our honey flow is long over by mid-summer and bees can
>  seem ill-natured as they protect what they gathered earlier.
Here along the coast of CT and RI we have a dearth between privet and sumac
and again between sumac and Japanese knotweed. Sometimes only a few days
sometimes longer as other things fill the gap depending on the rainfall and
such.
During periods of no honeyflow you can't get away with much, you can easily
start the bees robbing or get stung up fairly bad.