From:
huestis' <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 07:55:15 -0700
Hi Chris,

I'm a little farther north than Lloyd, I see no pollen in the section super
above the broodnest. I manipulate a little different than Lloyd. As I add
two supers at once .  When the first is 3/4 full I reverse spreading the
draw sections to the outside and the foundation to the center at the same
time. At the same time of the reversal I add either one or two more sections
on top. I also rotate from head to toe later on when the bees start
capping.   The section producing season usually averages 3 or four supers.
Then the daughter colony is added back to the parent with the young queen
surviving to ready for winter in three deep setup.

Lloyd how do you setup colonies for winter?

Clay