From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 11:54:03 -0400
For the past several years I have extracted a strikingly bright yellow
honey from some supers.  Most of my honey is the standard white or extra
light amber, but this is distinctly different.  It's flavor is OK at
first, but with a somewhat bitter aftertaste.  I have wondered if this
might be derived from purple loosestrife, which is proliferating greatly
in my area.  An oldtimer who is now retired from beekeeping told me that
it is from soybeans, which sort of surprised me.  I always thought
soybean honey was quite light in color.  I always extract the entire
summer's honey at one time, so I have no idea exactly when this bright
yellow honey is being produced.

Does anyone have an idea of what this might be?

Ted Fischer
Dexter, Michigan USA