From:
Robert Brenchley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 05:20:00 EST
    Dave Green writes:

   <<Since you've expressed your religious faith, I ask for equal time. Yes,
evolutionism is a religious faith, with an a priori assumption of no Creator,
evangelistic zeal (them Vs us mentality),  and a sense of wonder (which you
expressed). Whenever evolutionists get into power, they pile ridicule on all
who would disagree, and honest debate ends.>>

    Have to say I've seen creationists behaving just as badly. I wish the two
could just respect each other more! Trouble is, they work on totally
different philosophical bases, so it's very hard to find common ground. It
isn't true to say that evolutionism makes 'an a priori assumption of no
Creator', by the way. The issue of a Creator isn't within the remit of
science, so isn't addressed. It's true that evolutionary theory has been
abused in order to attack the concept of a Creator, but it would be better to
tackle this as either an abuse of science, or in some cases as bad science. I
personally have met numerous scientists and others who affirm the theory of
evolution, as I would, and who have as strong a belief in God as anyone I
have met.

Regards,

Robert Brenchley