From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 06:48:53 -0400

>Having feed and nearly finalised colony winter preparations, I find that
>I have some colonies that have not taken up sufficient feed to "ensure"
>winter survival. These colonies produced well over the last season.

Peter

We've just finished feeding here in Vermont. Talking with a friend, and
comparing notes, we both agree...it is easy to tell the colonies which are
in trouble because they won't take up their syrup. Whether it is because
the colony is weak, has queen problems, or is severely mite infested...the
results seem to be the same. The colony won't take up their syrup. I have
little mating nucs, four frame nucs, 10 frame nucs, and full sized
colonies....all take syrup with no problem. All except those with problems.
Perhaps you should look a little deeper into the situation.

Mike