From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:45:07 -0700
Dateline:San Diego CA:

Things are winding up here at the ABF convention and as the others are in
the business session, I'm slaving away over a hot keyboard.

We had an interesting presentation today about a new vaccine against bee and
wasp allergy that may hit the market in 18 months.  With a cost of $100 to
$200 per shot, we won't expect to see it in every glove compartment like
epinephrine, but it may be just the ticket for acutely sensitive members of
beekeeping families and members of the general public.

Each shot lasts about 4 months and during that time there is the chance that
sensitive individuals may be able to develop their own immunity.  The talk
was quite technical, so I will not  attempt to go into it here, but I am
sure that interested parties can contact the ABF office for transcripts or
further info.

allen

http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/