From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2007 16:29:33 -0800
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:One interesting fact is the honeybee was called the "white man's fly. So did they precede the settlers or were they concurrent?
This is an annecdotal response, but as I remember reading somewhere the native Americans called the honey bee the "white man's fly" because when they found them they knew that white men would be following them in short order.  In other words, the honey bee preceded the settler according to what I understood.  Can't tell you from what source that info came.

Mike in LA