From:
Judy & Dave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Judy & Dave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 21:00:36 -0400
From: "Eugene Makovec" <[log in to unmask]>

> My doctor friend lamented the fact that he could not
> find any controlled medical research in this area,
> only the ancecdotal evidence you speak of. As someone
> else once opined in this forum, the pharmaceutical
> companies have nothing to gain from such research, and
> beekeepers are too disorganized to do it themselves.

Hello Bee Friends

Just the other day I was reading some literature from the American
Apitherapy Society.  They have organized and developed a questionnaire to
attempt to do some acceptable research on the Bee Venom Therapy.   There is
a doctor who has started a clinical trial in this area.  Most of the
discussion in the Apitherapy area seems to revolve around "let the world
know about the hive products".  This includes the manuka honey,
antioxidants, BVT eye drops, MS, arthritis, gout and also honey as an
allergy treatment.

In this literature it also has an article about Apimondia's Standing
Commission on Apitherapy, and also about
the first German Apitherapy Conference.

I am not a member of this society.  Well, not yet.  I guess the next time I
pay bills, I will send in my membership.  As the trials continue, I will
keep this list posted.

Judy in Kentucky

(I am talking about the Journal of the American Apitherapy Society, Winter
2001/2002, Vol 8, No 4.)