From:
Ken Hoare <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 14:21:56 -0000
Information sought from the Southern Hemisphere.

I firmly believe that what are generally known in the UK as New Zealand
queens are not suited to our climate.

Maybe alright around Auckland, speaking from experience definitely okay in
Nelson, possibly even as far south as Christchurch. But is A.m.l. still the
prevalent species below that point or does A.m.m. still reign supreme in
Invercargill? A thought originating from a conversation with another
beekeeper.

I note with interest that the 2000 BIBBA conference is titled, 'Making the
best of what we have got', much more sensible in my opinion than searching
for a probably extinct, in the UK, PURE A.m.m.

Ken Hoare