From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2007 11:32:48 -0600
Hello All,
I have been reluctant to post my experience due to skeptics but I will.
Missouri has a huge population of Brown recluse spiders. No known cure says
the medical community. Huge scars are normal and many times the volcano core
feeds all the way to the persons bone!

The site usually gets red and about the size of a quarter with a small (at
times not so small) volcano type opening which has puss.

I have seen many of these sites but until this year never had a bite myself.

The farm cure for such bites dates back to pioneer times in the Ozarks.

Make a bandage with honey and change twice a day. The honey will disappear
between changes and if you do not put enough honey on the site the puss will
start to come back. In about a week the site will heal and all will be left
is a small scar where the site was.

My bite was on my back and I will be happy to show all the tiny scar at a
bee meeting for the skeptics.

The hypothesis is the venom feeds on the carbs of the honey instead of you.

I called my doctor before beginning my treatment and the nurse said all the
doctor would do is give me a script for antibiotics. She said the bite had
to run its course and the site could be filled with puss for around six
weeks.

Glad I chose the Ozark remedy! have others on the list heard of using honey
to treat a recluse bite?

bob

--
believed to be clean.