Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:03:42 GMT
>>Seems to me that I heard that there was no statistically significant
increase in deaths from bee stings in newly colonized AHB areas in the USA over what was measured before under EHB... Anybody have the facts?

I don't have the facts but I read recently in ABJ that the first (recorded) AFB fatality in California was a beekeeper...  This concerns me as it would spell the end of backyard beekeeping for me.  I am not concerned for myself since I can start using a suit but I would be concerned for my neighbors who have come to accept my EHBs.

My only hope is that AFBs won't make it through the NE winters.  I have no doubt they will be coming here with migratory operations or mail order queens more often.

Waldemar
Long Island, NY