From:
Ian Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 1997 15:44:57 -0500
> James D Satterfield wrote:
> > On Thu, 2 Jan 1997, Dr. Pedro Rodriguez wrote:
> >                                        > The medium does not determine the
> > > "quality" of research.  Time is the test for  the veracity of assertions
> > > made by investigators.
> > <snip>
> > Sorry, but you are simply *wrong* in your first sentence.  A refereed
> > scientific journal, where articles submitted for peer review before
> > publication can take place, will only publish articles that are deemed to
<snip>
Dr. P. Rodrigues Wrote:
<snip>
> Because my findings promise to be effective against Varroa mites and
> very economic, I feel a strong sense of responsibility to the honeybee
> lovers of the world to reveal my findings. I will do so in the near
> future!
> Those who doubt my assertions will have an opportunity to prove
> differently.

This is another proverbial Dead Horse Beating going on...
What is with some of you people on this list?..
If Dr. Rodriguez has a new agent to fight the mites then we should be
happy and curious about it...I am, anyways...
So his idea may seem outlandish to some.  Well, some physicist said once
that for a new theory to be accepted among the Physics community, you had
to wait for all the old opinionated ones to die first!  Thats the only way
a new idea can get any foothold...
And why is everyone jumping on Dr. Rodriguez, when we dont even know a
blasted thing about this new treatment....Talk about putting the cart
before the dead horse!...;)
Lets all take a moment and remember that Dr. Rodriguez doesnt have to tell
us his findings and is not doing it for the good of his health.

"Oh, were it Spring.  For idle beekeepers make for vain and tedius posts"

Ah..now that my rant is over, I guess I can expect an Inbox full of
flames...;)

Regards, Ian
                     @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
                    @        Ian Watson           @