From:
joe bossom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 09:29:49 -0400
Gentlemen

I have read with interest the suggestions that the number for drowned thirsty bees would be diminished by mixing sugared water with portions of hay bales.  At present my bees water themselves in the water troughs that I leave out for livestock and birds. While I possess many hay bales it seemed to me that a better solution would be to float small pieces of styro-foam packing in the pool of fluid thus leaving less opportunity to for the little girls to drown.  Surely someone has tried this out.  I am curious about how it went before I go out and try and re invent the wheel.