From:
Donald V Israel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 1997 10:19:56 -0600
Andy Nachbaur,
Thanks for your post today, There were several out there today that were
good but yours was the best. It is foggy and 50 degrees today in eastern
NC but promises to be sunny so my honey bees can get out.

Yesterday I opened up a hive to transfer  the bees to another box(my
first hive and I nailed ang glued the bottom board on and it is moldy).
I noticed a lot of larva in a couple of frames. The honey bees are
bringing in nectur and pollan from somewhere. It is unseasonably warm
for this time of year. What does this do to the biological clock there
has been so much talk about lately?

I posted about testing for mites and found dead ones in the trap or on
the sticky paper yust a few hours after putting the strips on but they
quit falling over the next few days. There in very little sealed boeed
to no sealed brood in the hives. Maybe I don't have as big a problem as
I thought. I'll leave the strips on for six weeks to make sure I get
them all since our build up has started.

No one answered my request for info on how to round up honey bees from
80 feet in a pine tree.(round up as in cattle not poison them). It
haooened to me two times last year and I lost them.

Honey Bee friend

Don