From:
Robert Post <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 21:48:07 +0200
Robert Mann wrote in part:

>   Scientists at Ohio State and Cornell
> universities say they've found a
> natural way to prevent strawberry plants from
> rotting.  Researchers are
> using honeybees to spread a natural fungicide,
> and they say their method
> works better than commercial sprays.

I seem to recall that work on this was published a
number of years ago. I have a paper on it
somewhere and am trying to lay my hands on it. One
wonders why the resurgence in interest? It's
practical application (large commercial
operations) could cause a few logistical hic'ups
(additional dispensers, etc.). Perhaps this is
what has been cleared up now.

Robert Post