From:
Kent Stienburg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:08:55 -0400
 Here in upstate NY we already have a nice crop of honey. To my friends in
Michigan and Ontario I would ask: any idea what that's from? I am having a
hard time figuring out where they got this stuff. Russian olive (Elaeagnus)
was in bloom for weeks, yellow rocket (Barbarea), too. But black locust is
just now under way.

Hi Peter,

We were trying to figure it out as well.  I would almost have to think with
the volume it would be from the trees.  We had a good maple bloom here this
year.  Also many trees in flower of which I'm not familiar with.  We just
moved the bees to the area.  I see basswood, but no bloom.  I hope to
extract by the end of the month.  We should be complete our new home by the
end of July.  I'm going to have to move in the bee equipment a little early
:)

Kent