From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 May 2005 21:08:52 -0500
Brian said:
Feedlots, migratory beekeeping, roundup ready soybeans are all
attempts to create a short cut and produce a cheaper product.

I was on the same page with you Brian until the above. Please explain how
moving your hives to different floral sources creates a cheaper product?

Also pollination is the true value of the honeybee. If migratory beekeepers
did not move hives then crops would not get pollinated.

Sadly the truth is in the U.S. most people are content to live on fast food,
drink five or six soda pops a day AND buy foreign honey because it IS
cheaper!

However the number of people wanting to eat healthy is on the increase I
believe. They are the market for raw unprocessed honey.

Also raw honey can cause health problems. The  old story "bacteria will not
grow in honey "is simply not true. Always wash all your equipment with a
Clorox water solution before using!

The USDA has pushed for ALL honey sold in the U.S. to be pasteurized two
different times I am aware of. If a problem happens I believe the problem
will come out of the raw honey end of the market. With a stroke of a pen the
FDA can require all honey to be pasteurized.

Milk is pasteurized for a reason. However slight you do take a chance with
raw milk.

That said I have ate raw honey and unpasteurized milk most my life.

A health department inspector told me years ago the key to living a long &
healthy life is to not eat at fast food places.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison