From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 07:31:09 -0500
Dave said:
Yes, there are formal lectures, but there are also fellow beekeepers in
large numbers, this gives the opportunity for chat and discussion on any
level and about any aspect of beekeeping.

I, like my friend Allen, attend many bee meetings and conventions.

Unlike many of my friends which are only at the meeting to visit I need to
see a list of the lectures so I can plan my stay.

*I see any event which can not provide such a list as unorganized (sorry
EAS).*

 My life runs off lists and schedules. Otherwise I would never get
accomplished what I do which amazes many people. If you read Allen's diary
you will see   organization  is the way  he operates.

We all like to visit about bees and beekeeping but I will not miss an
important (to me) lecture I have traveled great distance to hear visiting.

 Those which have met me at conventions will agree that I will visit as long
as a lecture I am interested in is not going on but will bow out of
conversation when the lecture is starting.

I also disappear (as does Allen) and go sightseeing when lectures are going
on which I have heard  several times in a year or on a subject I am not
interested in or perhaps could be giving the lecture on myself.

Those organizing events like EAS please organize your events early for
people like Allen and myself.

I have never attended EAS because the event comes at my busy time of the
year and simply can not leave. Perhaps as I try to get to the level Allen
has reduced to I will in the future be able to attend a EAS meeting in the
future.

 For those which wonder why ABF, AHPA and Apiary Inspectors of America
meetings are *always* held in January now you know.

Bob