From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:38:23 -0700
Good Morning Bee-L:

We're looking for colonies infested with SHB that we can use to test a new
sensor that we are developing.  We'd like to find a study or someone with
several hives with differing levels of beetle infestation. Fortunately for
our beekeepers, Small Hive Beetle has yet to become a problem in Montana,
so we know we will have to travel south to find it.

Our sensor works from the outside of a hive, although for testing, we would
need to drill a 1/8 or 1/4 inch hole into the front or back of  a hive body
(positioned so we can insert a probe between the frames without opening the
hive), in the area of the brood nest, and/or in a honey super.  Doubt that
we're going to find many honey supers on hives at this time of year.  Our
spring break is the last week of March.  We've got students eager to travel
to sample hives.

If you have beetle infested hives, or know of a study or someone who has,
please contact us directly at:  [log in to unmask] or
[log in to unmask]  Phone:  406-541-3160 (Bee Alert Tech,
Inc.)  Cell: 406-544-9007.

Thanks

Jerry

J.J. Bromenshenk, CEO