From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:59:43 -0500
Hello Selkie and all,
We get many shipments of queens in JZ BZ cages.
You need to find a place an open the battery box and make sure all queens
are alive. You claim for dead queens is with the carrier and not the queen
producer.
Next you need to wet your finger and rub some water on each cage.
I doubt you will lose many bees from the battery box but some will fly. If
installing tomorrow I would not worry about a few loss bees. I would worry
about driving an hour and opening the box and half your queens are dead.

Hand releasing from those cages (in my opinion) is not as easy as other
cages but after you learn to *break apart* the cage the job is easier.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison