From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 00:05:27 -0500
Hello George & All,
Fluvalinate resistant mites are becoming the norm now in the U.S.. I found
my first (or they found me) in 1997 in Missouri. They are easy to find if
you put a Coumaphos strip in for 24 hours after your Apistan treatment is
done. I have made believers out of many Apistan users. Dr. Delaplane found
Apistan provided no control at all in his recent tests done in Georgia.
Varroa in Europe developed resitance to fluvalinate in 10 years. Why should
we think we could get by longer. George has put forth many theories about
why we got fluvalinate resistance but left out the most important reason. We
only had one chemical to treat with and nothing to alternate with. Why
should we expect any different a result than Europe? Coumaphos resistant
mites will be harder to detect because of lack of a 98% chemical to test
with.
Bob
ps. Busy time for me but thought I should respond to the list. Thanks to
George for the post.