Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 18:36:20 +0200
Hi All

To the bee lits - happy new millenium and excuse my long abscence,
various reasons and excuses offered if needed.

I have been recieving an alarming number of requests for Cape
Honeybee queens, and an equally alarming number of 'Official'
documents in various languages to sugest that me selling queens to
various countries where cape bees are not around would be perfectly
legal.

Is it legal to send Apis melifera capensis to other countries - and
if it is - why - and if it is not how is this controlled?

I hope it is generally not legal, because then law and common sense
might for once be seen operating hand in hand.

Keep well

Garth