From:
Melinda Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 2015 14:13:39 -0800
I completed the first two of three classes in the UofM program and thought the process and information, invaluable.  The dialog with other students, was worth it.  On the edge of my seat waiting for the final class to become available.

I had some sick and dying bees. I looked at the pollen they were bringing in under a microscope.  Gathered pollen from several local plants, created a database of sorts. It was buckeye.  Hand feed a few twitching bees 50/50 sugar water for 10-15 minutes.  Twitching stopped, after 60 minutes they all calmed and drank up the syrup and flew away.

Feed all hives emergency syrup to dilute Buckeye and massive die off almost completely stopped.

I probably wouldn't have approach my problem this way if it hadn't been for the classes. It is good to be seriously focused and learning.