From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:39:18 -0700
Hi all

Peter Borst wrote:
 I have tried looking at "the whole picture". You say that
your bees have low mite counts. (What are the counts?)

Reply:
Not enough to be worth the time for the USDA to officially
do another official mite count test since 1997.

Peter also wrote:
You say that it is due to 1) small cells, 2) nutrition, 3)
breeding. You don't explain what nutritional factors are
involved. Some special pollen source?

Reply:
Real honey and pollen from various plants in the field the
bees forage upon.

Per then wrote:
You refuse to allow that the bees you are breeding from may
be heavily Africanized, which renders almost all your
conclusions irrelevant, since most of the rest of us are
not interested in owning African bees.

Reply:
How true! After reading the information you gave about them
I am certainly glad no DNA has ever showed our bees to be
that way. I am also glad to know you say MAY BE and are
doubtful also!

Peter then wrote:
Read the whole paper. He documents the fact that *small
bees* on *small comb* still have PLENTY of mites.

Reply:
Sure am glad we don't have bees DNA documented to be like
that!

Regards,

Dee A. Lusby