From:
Larry Krengel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:41:37 -0500
In our area we have been unable to acquire the usual 6.4 gram TM packages.
We have had to buy the same TM-343 you refer to.  Our beekeepers association
discussed this recently.  If our calculating is correct, this package would
provide 512 treatments - a bit more than most of us need.

Here is how we decided to solve the problem after doing a little measuring
and calculating::

    Mix 10 heaping tablespoons of powdered sugar with one level teaspoon of
medicine.  (this produced enough for ten treatments)  Each hive gets one
heaping tablespoon of the mix per teatment.  Three treatments at 5 day
intervals is considered appropriate.  (In case you are interested... there
are 51 level teaspoons in each TM-343 package.)

Larry Krengel
Northern Illinois Beekeepers Association
Marengo, IL