Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 09:34:04 +1200
The fascinating aspect of this thread is the title. It is a definitive statement
-- yet no decisions have been made.

As a lecturer in Management at an NZ University, I have been totally impressed
with MAF's problem solving process to date.

They are gathering as much information about the extent of the problem, the
options for solving the problem and the likely outcomes. From the outside
looking in it seems like a classical approach.

Again, as an outsider looking in, and one who has read and listened widely over
the topic, it seems to me that the biggest handicap to eradication of varroa is
not the varroa, it is human nature. Flouting laws and commonsence and moving
hives via backroads to beat road blocks seems to be the norm where ever controls
have been attempted. It makes one wonder whether these beekeepers make their
money from products of the hive or bootleg.

Ron Law