From:
George Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:08:24 EDT
Thanks to whomever made me aware of Pollen Beetles. I have been fighting
them for about 4 years now thinking they were SHB's and lost every battle to
them. At least I think its Pollen Beetles.  I don't know how to combat them  and
have asked my local(Central Florida) bee inspector to have the lab  identify
them for me so I can be sure that Pollen beetles (PB's) are what I  am vexed
with. They surely look like the pictures I found on the web. There are  so many
kinds of PB's.

These guys fly in by the hundreds, I think they come in out of the
surrounding orange groves when there is no pollen there and they come in for the
pollen the bees have stored. The bees shortly will abscond.

Any suggestions?

George Williams
FL