From:
Robt Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 16:57:11 +1200
Ron van Mierlo wrote:
>Having used the borescope (or boroscope if you like...) in all kinds of
>other things, I wondered if any
>
>beekeepers have thought of applying one to investigate a colony without
>having to open the hive?

>many interesting things could be seen

>With the digital cameras around today, even pictures could be taken
>through the scope if so wished.

        I proposed several years ago that this type of flexible video probe
should have lashed onto it a sniffer capillary for GC-MS of volatiles.  One
class of question examined this way could be functions of drones.
Movements interacting with workers (& queen?) could be correlated with
chemicals in the hive air.