From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 18:17:53 -0800
Allen:
As previously mentioned, the story seems incomplete. I'm
still waiting for the "Rest of the Story".Was this effort a
success, or a DNF?

Reply:
Actually, Allen, I never called Miller to find out as many
were into first step down, but then couldn't come up with
the funds to go futher, and/or the desire to keep doing the
field work needed as changing combs is no fun. But then
others did continue. Also since pierco is the inbetween
size and many are on that, many are halfway down now,
unless they stopped.

 But then if they stopped and got recontaminated in the
process then what is the worth now for the combs, for other
factors are effecting the hives, and I have very verbally
over the years said we lived with the bees okay, just
didn't get production. But in saying this, if one is
migratory and the production of honey etc is not a problem
for consideration... for pollenation fees negate that out,
then hives that live with the first step down might have
kept many there..........for there is income in
pollenation!

So why don't you simply call and ask him?

Dee