From:
William Morong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 07:29:09 -0700
Relating to Carmenie's question.  I used to treat for trachael mites
with grease patties, which I have tried with peppermint oil, and with
wintergreen oil.  These have proved worthless.  Since trachael mites
attack my eyelids, I know within 5 minutes when a colony has them, and
they were driving me crazy.  I did the paper towels with menthol and
canola oil in accordance with Dr. Amrine's directions, and have had no
more trachael mites.

The remaining problem is varroa mites.  I did Apistan, properly, and
found my colonies full of varroa a week after taking the strips out.

Bill Morong