From:
Tim Arheit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:27:16 -0500
At 08:19 AM 2/26/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Wood frames and plastic foundation if I had to start over.  Top and bottom
>would be wood.   No need to use embed wire in wax with plastic.

I second this.  Wood frames and plastic foundation.  Easy to install, no
failures
in the extractor, holds up to heat well, easy to clean up when the bees
build wild
comb, no problems with them chewing up the foundation if you add supers too
early, etc.
I wouldn't go with plastic bodies and frames due to the warping and
difficulty in
repairing them.

I'd also be really tempted myself to go all mediums, for supers and hive
bodies.
I intend on trying a couple medium hives this year to see how they compare.

-Tim