Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:54:14 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Help?  Supers with crystallized honey >>

I have to deal with these sometimes, particularly this year when there has
been a lot of over wintered ivy as well as OSR. If the comb is on thin
foundation or starter strips I use it for cut comb if it is pretty enough.
OK I know I wouldn't win any prizes in a show for solid cut comb, but the
customers haven't read the show schedules.  If it bothers you then raise the
temperature briefly to 50C.  It won't improve the honey at all but it will
make it runny without melting the wax.

With standard weight, old or wired foundation I am happy to use a spoon to
scrape the comb down to the mid rib and then melt it as Mike describes.

Chris