From:
OhioBeeFarmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OhioBeeFarmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:28:53 -0400
I had the opportunity to see these bees first hand at Ohio State.  They were
light colored and very calm almost to the point I wondered if they weren't
on Ridlin.  There were no bees coming and going whatsoever.  The top was
open so we could all veiw them and they just sat there.   I can guess that
the box we were viewing was moved there probably that morning or previous
evening as it was in a parking area for our group to see.  Could be that all
the field bees had flown back to their old location allowing some of the
more gentler bees to remain.   This could also explain why they weren't
flying around 2:00 in the afternoon although I would of expected some coming
and going.   There was a few kids that picked at the bees trying to get
there response with no luck... I was kind of expecting to see one of them
getting some attention they really didn't want but, the bees were content at
just looking at us as we looked at them.

OhioBeeFarmer
Getting youth involved in Beekeeping
http://www.homestead.com/BeeKeepers/BeesRUs.html
http://www.homestead.com/BeeKeepers/Opening.html