From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:39:47 -0800
Jerry Bromenshenk and all:
Jerry you wrote, I know that Dee understands that this
analogy can be pushed further.

Reply:
Yes, I SURE do!!! Much much further...............

I had originally written, "Amazing how the broodnest with
proper sized comb acts like a living liver cleaning up
disease and parasisitc mite problems with the help of the
workers at this period of time each year"

And you came back with the chemcial contamination trigger I
had hoed someone would reply to.....Thank you.

For years beekeepers in industry have been told to take the
honey supers off and place the various contaminating
treatments into the broodnest..............as you have
pointed out.

I sure hope this is an error as to what recommendations
will be in the future, for combs rotated out of the
broodnest area, for it can only bring on product
contamination problems if treated combs, now many of which
are topped out with various treatments, get rotated into
the honey supers and used during the active beekeeping
year.

 Makes one wonder where product contamination liability
would end up..........frightening thought, and just more
filtering work for packers, that even if they could, they
might not be able to, once leached into the honey.

For here to do it right, the combs would have to be rotated
out, melted down and then recycled to try to clean the
contamination problem up. Not passed on to a higher level
that could, may, might effect the honey product, so many
have sought to protect in the public's eye as "clean and
pure, and wholesome".

It is also why I am going to repeat what I said: Amazing
how the broodnest with proper sized comb acts like a living
liver cleaning up disease and parasisitc mite problems with
the help of the workers at this period of time each
year...........meaning without various treatments of drugs,
chemicals, essential oils, FGMO, acids, etc.

and until such time,...................... the drones do
such a wonderful job of keeping the workers safe and able
to do their jobs during the active year, by taking the heat
themselves in direct line of fire, so good brood can be
raised and colony numbers increase, and life goes
on.........without the worry of out of balance pests,
predators, and secondary diseases.

Respectfully submitted,

Dee A. Lusby
Small Cell Commercial Beekeeper